The Financial Sector Deepening Mozambique – FSDMoç, a program funded by the United Kingdom Department for International Development (DFID) and the Swedish Department for International Development (SIDA) in partnership with the Financial Inclusion Center (CFI), will promote the Financial Inclusion Week (FIW), which will run from October 29 to November 2, 2018. This is a week of global conversations about the most important steps for advancing financial inclusion. The Week of Financial Inclusion aims to build a momentum around how to address the most significant obstacles to financial inclusion through a week of global conversation. This year’s theme is “Getting Inclusion Right”.
During this week, each partner organization will hold meetings and promote conversations about what the community needs to do to get it right and strategic ways to promote that agenda in each context. We are committed to doing our part to achieve this bold vision in which financial services add real value to people’s lives, innovative products and policies are created and implemented to fill the gap between access and financial health.
In these context, to enrich the discussions, the FSDMoç and partners will contribute with presentation of four (4) essays on emerging issues in the context of Financial Inclusion in Mozambique, which will be presented in accordance with the following agenda:
|October 31||16:00hrs||Getting Consumer Protection Right||Filipa Costa|
|17:00hrs||Getting insurance Right||Israel Muchena|
|9:00hrs||Getting Digital Payments Right||Rogério Lam|
|10:00hrs||Getting the Infrastructure Right||Salomão David|
The presentations scheduled for the week of financial inclusion will be through the videoconference system in most of the provincial capitals.
For participation in the provinces, the interested parties are invited to register online through the FSDMoc website using the link: http://fsdmoc.com/opportunities/ to access the registration form under the name of Financial Inclusion Week. Call attention to interested participants that we have limited seats, so the former will have priority. Please share the filed form to our email: email@example.com
Registration Form: Download
The presentations will be made at the following locations:
- In Maputo City: BCI Auditorium, located Edifício Sede daquele Banco na Avenida 25 de Setembro Nº 4;
- City of Xai-Xai: Av. Samora Machel (esquina com Av. Mártires de Moeda);
- Maxixe City: BCI Exclusive Center Maxixe | Estrada Nacional n. 1, n.º 133 (de frente do Restaurante-Bar Stop);
- City of Beira: Agência BCI Beira Ambassador | Rua Major Serpa Pinto, n.º 900, Beira City;
- City of Chimoio: Rua dos Operários nº 139, talhão nº 34;
- City of Tete: Agência BCI Tete | Av. Eduardo Mondlane, nº 323;
- City of Nampula: BCI Agency Nampula Shopping Center | Av. Eduardo Mondlane, nº 326, Shopping Center of Nampula;
- City of Nacala Porto: : Bairro Maiaia, Talhão C10;
- City of Quelimane: Agência BCI Quelimane Av. 1 de Julho|| Av. 1 de Julho, n.º 1012;
- City of Pemba: BCI Exclusive Center of Pemba | Av. 25 de Setembro, Nº 856 (next to Movitel);
- City of Lichinga: BCI Exclusive Center of Lichinga | Praça da Liberdade;